NRI Corner: How To Get NRI Pan Card
Last week we had seen PAN card is mandatory to open Demat Account. Every Indian citizen entering a financial transaction (like opening a bank account or a trading account or high value investment in realty, gold etc) in India is compulsorily required to have a Permanent Account Number (PAN card). Similarly PAN Card is required by an NRI if he/ she got a taxable income in India.
You can apply for a PAN Card through government authorised website. So, if you want to apply for PAN card then here is the simple procedure for you.
1) Log on to PAN Card website either https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pan/index.html or http://www.utiitsl.com/pan/
2) Through the above website you can get link to download the form 49AA. Scroll down to the bottom of the page where you see ‘Apply for a new PAN card’, Select ‘Individual’ as a category of applicant.
3) Fill up the form 49AA. Fill the application in block letters. (When filling in the address make sure the address is matching with your proof which you are going to submit along with your acknowledgement.)
4) After online filling, click on ‘Submit’. Before submitting, check whether you have entered all details correctly or not.
5) You will get online acknowledgement receipt if form was submitted correctly. Take one print out of it. (It is always better to take one printout extra for record)
6) Paste your photo in the space provided in the acknowledgement and sign it with black ink. It is to be done in the specific box only otherwise your application may be rejected.
7) Then attach all necessary documents along with photographs and with Demand draft, if any. Please sign each page of your supporting documents.
8) The acknowledgement along with documents should be sent at the below address and should reach NSDL within 15 days from the date of online application :
‘Income Tax PAN Services Unit
NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited,
5th floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341,
Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony,
Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune – 411016′
Fee for processing PAN application: You need to pay Rs 105 if you want PAN card to be dispatched in India. For dispatch outside India, fee is Rs 971 (including service tax).
You can make payment through Demand Draft, Cheque or Credit card / Debit card or Net Banking. Cheque (payable at par)/Demand Draft should be in favour of ‘NSDL-PAN’ payable at Mumbai.
Don’t forget to mention Acknowledgment number on the reverse of the Cheque/ Demand Draft.
Things you will need :
1) Copy of passport
2) Latest colour photograph
3) Address proof